Featured Charity Partner:
JDRF is a 2018 National Partner of Wawa and The Wawa Foundation
Wawa has been a long-time partner of JDRF. Over the past 20 years through the JDRF UPC Scan and coin canister campaigns, Wawa associates and customers have helped fund life-changing breakthroughs aimed to cure, prevent and treat type 1 diabetes (T1D) and its complications.
- Beginning September 18 to October 8, Wawa stores will ask customers to participate in the JDRF Scan Campaign by donating $1, $3 or $5 to support JDRF as it works to create a world without T1D.
- Wawa’s involvement with JDRF is a wonderful example of associates and customers working together to achieve shared vision of creating a world without T1D.
- For more than 40 years, JDRF has been the leader in the search for an end to T1D through both research and advocacy. JDRF wants everyone to understand that the word ‘juvenile’ is no longer descriptive of the disease. Today 85% of those with T1D are adults. We want you to communicate that JDRF is an organization for ALL ages and ALL stages of the disease until together we can turn type one into type none.
- JDRF is the leading global organization funding T1D research. JDRF’s ultimate goal is to find a cure for T1D, but along the way fund therapies that will lessen the burden of living with the disease. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources to influence policy and deliver a pipeline of innovative therapies to people living with T1D.
- JDRF exists for the millions of children, adults, and families affected by T1D every day. Their determination to live with this disease inspires us, and strengthens our resolve to create a world without T1D.
Susan G. Komen: Race for the Cure
After more than two decades of supporting Susan G. Komen, and 54 years serving our communities, Wawa associates have never been more committed to this cause. At Wawa, we believe that as a company we have a role in making the world a better place, and for our associates that means fulfilling the lives they touch each and every day whether serving you at our stores, or on Race Day. We would like to thank our associate volunteers, and all of the volunteers and supporters for their dedication to this cause and goal. Every Mother’s Day, our associates prepare and serve the racers and walkers breakfast, and the many volunteers who support the race coffee earlier in the morning.
On behalf of our Wawa family, we salute all the volunteers, participants and survivors. We hope to see your family every Mother’s Day at the annual Race for the Cure!