Featured Charity Partner:
Special Olympics is a 2018 National Partner of Wawa and The Wawa Foundation
All of us at Wawa are proud to help support the inspiring men and women who participate and compete in their local Special Olympics program.
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
All states with Wawa stores will be represented in coin collections and UPC scans. Overall Wawa funding support to Special Olympics programs in 2018 will offer greater opportunities for year-round athletic training and competition, and will work to improve many initiatives, including:
- Increase number of registered athletes
- Enhance Unified Sports®
- Bolster Healthy Athletes programs
- Strengthen Young Athletes programs
- Provide a higher quality of training opportunities for both athletes and coaches
- Special Olympics is celebrating its 50th Anniversary in 2018-50 years of joy, courage and empowerment.
- The celebration will focus on three pillars- innovating health care and sports opportunities; unifying society by breaking down barriers; and empowering people with intellectual disabilities to live their fullest potential.
We believe the athletes of Special Olympics and those who support them are truly heroes. We salute their efforts and are proud to support them!
Susan G. Komen: Race for the Cure
After two decades of supporting Susan G. Komen, and 50 years serving our communities, Wawa associates have never been more committed to this cause. At Wawa, we believe that as a company we have a role in making the world a better place, and for our associates that means fulfilling the lives they touch each and every day whether serving you at our stores, or on Race Day. We would like to thank our associate volunteers, and all of the volunteers and supporters for their dedication to this cause and goal. Every Mother’s Day, our associates prepare and serve the racers and walkers breakfast, and the many volunteers who support the race coffee earlier in the morning.
On behalf of our Wawa family, we salute all the volunteers, participants and survivors. We hope to see your family every Mother’s Day at the annual Race for the Cure!