Featured Charity Partner:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is a National Partner with Wawa and The Wawa Foundation in 2017
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) has one goal: a world without blood cancers. Once unimaginable, new breakthrough treatments and more precisely targeted approaches to therapy are being developed and approved.
- As there are no means of preventing or screening for most blood cancers, LLS focus on finding cures. In their 68-year history, LLS has invested more than $1 billion in research to advance lifesaving treatments and cures.
- Since the early 1960s, five-year survival rates for many blood cancer patients have doubled, tripled or even quadrupled.
- Approximately 40 percent of new cancer therapies approved by the FDA between 2000 and 2016 were first approved for blood cancer patients and many of these are helping patients with other cancers and serious diseases.
- LLS serve as a catalyst for collaboration, initiating strategic partnerships with academic centers and biotechnology companies to rapidly turn promising research into critically needed therapies.
- LLS is the voice for blood cancer patients and survivors, and is working to ensure access to quality, affordable care.
- LLS is the leading source of free blood cancer education and support services for patients, survivors, families, caregivers and healthcare professionals.
Susan G. Komen: Race for the Cure
After two decades of supporting Susan G. Komen, and 50 years serving our communities, Wawa associates have never been more committed to this cause. At Wawa, we believe that as a company we have a role in making the world a better place, and for our associates that means fulfilling the lives they touch each and every day whether serving you at our stores, or on Race Day. We would like to thank our associate volunteers, and all of the volunteers and supporters for their dedication to this cause and goal. Every Mother’s Day, our associates prepare and serve the racers and walkers breakfast, and the many volunteers who support the race coffee earlier in the morning.
On behalf of our Wawa family, we salute all the volunteers, participants and survivors. We hope to see your family every Mother’s Day at the annual Race for the Cure!